Learning Together, Leading Together has been made possible through the work of hundreds of individuals committed to the long-term success of Mount Royal University. Led by our Strategic Plan Steering Committee, we sought feedback from our community, and the response was truly overwhelming. Our community came together to draw the roadmap for our future. We conducted a formal engagement process over the course of most of 2014. By the numbers, that engagement process included many highlights:
- We held more than 40 stakeholder consultations, and spoke with hundreds of our faculty, staff, management, students, alumni, volunteers and board members.
- We asked our community 24 complex, open-ended and carefully considered questions.
- Through the consultations, we gathered nearly 7000 individual comments.
- A careful review of those comments resulted in the identification of 278 general concepts.
- An analysis of those concepts resulted in 90 prevailing themes.
- A thoughtful consideration of those themes showed us, undeniably, that we had a single, common thread, woven through everything that our community was saying: our People are our Foundation.
Our students, our faculty, staff and management, and our broader community are both the Foundation of our work and the key to our success. We had discovered our starting point, and Learning Together, Leading Together naturally developed from there. Our University community validated our Strategic Plan through an extensive review process, and Learning Together, Leading Together was complete.
Our strategic planning process was a learning experience for all of us. By Learning Together through the planning, we are now Leading Together as a community, setting out on our next exciting decade.
Thank you to everyone
who contributed to the development of
Learning Together, Leading Together